I am pretty new to K6, I have been playing with the options, stages, checks & thresholds…
Now I have been reading the documentation at k6.io and the community forums, but haven’t been able to find how to do the following:
I’d like to simulate several user’s behaviors - or we can call it different usages of the system, which I believe corresponds to the K6 term, Scenarios. (please tell me if I am wrong).
- user A will log in and search some product, then examine it and/or download a file.
- user B will log in and add a product, and upload some images, maybe a document.
- user C will register, then log in, see some pages and log out.
in a distribution of 70% , 25% B and 5% C.
I want to do this with stages like:
- 100 VU for 10 minutes
- 200 VU for 10 min
- 300 VU, 10 min
- 500 VU, 120 min.
I have seen several entries:
- Advice on how to test multiple methods for multiple kinds of user? - k6 support - k6 community forum
- How to distribute VU’s across different scenarios with k6 - k6 support - k6 community forum
But still not sure what is the best way, I have read that Scenarios seem the way to go but also it seems that they are executed sequentially… or at a concrete moment… or their usage is a bit complex/unclear, mixing in the Executors which I am not at all familiar with…
I have been reading about it at Scenarios (k6.io)
What would you recommend to go with? at the moment the simple Switch with a random function seems to be winning, but I am happy to be proved wrong
In addition, if anybody could share a working code sample on these two approaches would be great…
Thanks in advance