Does k6 support telegraf?

Hi @alex,

k6 doesn’t support telegraf

There is nothing for k6 to support really. Telegraf (among it many other features) can take in one format of metric data (for examples statsd) and output in another (for example influxdb).

As k6 supports both statsd and influxdb v1.8 and both of those are supported by telegraf - you can use telegraf with k6.

The exact configuration for your case is likely going to be better discussed with somebody more accustomed with telegraf instead of with k6.

You can find a fairly old comment of mine showcasing how to ignore metrics and submetrics using telegraf.

For your particular case I guess you will need to use the kafka output plugin and either influxdb or statsd input one for k6.

-o statsd                       kafka output plugin
k6 ----------------> telegraf ---------------------------> kafka

But I have close to zero kafka experience.

You might also want to look at xk6-output-kafka although it might not have features you need and I am not certain there are many people who can help you with it :(.

Hope this helps you

p.s. k6 v0.42.0 comes out … this week and it will have experimental prometheus remote write support based on this extension. So depending on your timeframe you might be able to use it instead of influxdb or statsd.

1 Like