Is there any way to measure time in microseconds?

Hi,

New k6 user here.

I have used postman-to-k6 project to convert some postman tests into k6. Everthing has been nice after some fixes but now I have a little problem generating new users.

The very first thing that my current testing collection does is register a new user and the way we generate the name is using Date.now(). We do something like “user_”+Data.now()+“@XXXXX.com”.

I have set the VU’s to 2 just for the sake of testing and Date.now() is returning same miliseconds for each VU, so, one of my users can’t register because that email already exists.

I think this could be fixed if I could get the time in microseconds. Is this possible with k6?

On the other hand if there exist a way to delay the execution of the new iterations by some mili/seconds that would fix my problem too. Is this even possible?

I have used sleep to try to pause before building the email but again (and this is a bit odd) Date.now() is retrieving same time stamp.

Right now I’m using something like this for the register request:

pre() {

console.log("=========> Waiting");
  sleep(1);
  console.log("=========> Time: "+Date.now()); --> This prints same time stamp for the 2 vu's
},

Thanks in advance.

Hi @oanime !

It’s not the answer to your question, but how about using something like randomString from the utils for the user name generation?

See an example.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers