K6 to influxdb with lesser http_req_duration data

Interesting, passing vu as an actual tag (by removing it from the K6_INFLUXDB_TAGS_AS_FIELDS env var) should work. At least it always has for me.

Two things that come to mind:

1. What terminal are you using to execute your scripts? The syntax for setting/exporting environment variables can vary, so perhaps it isn’t actually setting them correctly and still passing vu as a field (or not passing it at all, as I am pretty sure vu is not a default system tag).
  2. Have you tried against a fresh InfluxDB database? It’s possible the data series which have been created on an existing database could be interfering.

If you output your metrics to JSON as well as InfluxDB, you should be able to pretty easily identify which metrics are missing from InfluxDB, and see whether or not they have the same timestamps and sets of tags as other metrics being emitted. That was how I identified it when I faced this issue originally in my scripts. This would also help identify if the vu tag is actually getting set or not, in relation to my first question above.

Of note, system tags can also be set within the script options:

export let options = {
  systemTags: ['proto', 'subproto', 'status', 'method', 'url', 'name', 'group', 'check', 'error', 'error_code', 'tls_version', 'scenario', 'service', 'expected_response', 'vu', 'iter']
};

Unfortunately, I think the JSON config option for tags as fields is still broken, as I reported in this thread last year. So, that part needs to be done as an environment variable.