Load data from csv file at intervals

Hi Team,
I want to load data from csv file at intervals …so i want to read data from csv file when i need to read it . Using papa parse is not allowing as it loads the data once in memory from csv file and then u have to use it . However i dont want to load csv file at once …i want to read data from csv file at intervals …so what should i use ?

Hi @Shabd

Thanks for posting this question.

I was wondering why do you need to read the csv file at intervals. Is data being added while you run the tests, and you need to read the latest data?

The SharedArray (papaparse) is a good option if you were not writing to the file. You’ve probably already had a look at performance benchmarks in the docs.

If you can provide more information on your scenario we’ll try to advice on the best options for your case.

Cheers!

Thanks @eyeveebe for replying. My problem statement was
I am writing a token value to the csv file at every 30 min and i was trying to read the value after from the csv file .
So i was trying to read the data dynamically from the csv file …so that when the new token was written to the file , i can read it after 30 min or so and pass that value to the other api :slight_smile: . I have posted the problem statement in another topic on community [ Calling Token API every hour - #2 by hbadger ]

However when i was trying this , i couldn’t anything which can help in reading data dynamically from the csv file .

Hi @Shabd

I would recommend the approach in Calling Token API every hour. That is, each VUS should refresh the token when it expires, with no need to update the CSV file (which would also be a bit complex probably, as you would have to re-read the values). We’ll get back on that topic with our recommendations soon :smile:

Cheers!