Send summary to Prometheus instead of all metrics

I have k6 configured to send metrics to Prometheus, and for lower VU count all seems great, but for higher loads I start getting errors:
error=“server returned HTTP status 429 Too Many Requests: the request has been rejected because the tenant exceeded the ingestion rate limit, set to 10000 items/s with a maximum allowed burst of 200000. This limit is applied on the total number of samples, exemplars and metadata received across all distributors (err-mimir-tenant-max-ingestion-rate). To adjust the related per-tenant limits, configure -distributor.ingestion-rate-limit and -distributor.ingestion-burst-size, or contact your service administrator.”

My company does not allow to change this params, so wanna try something different.

Is it possible to sent the end summary to my prometheus instance, either by calling a post request in the handleSummary method or by any alternative?

Hi @giveittomatos,
sorry for the late reply. The issue is generated from the previous flush logic where the amount of delivered data was quite big for high throughput.

We’ve merged some PRs that should fix your case, they are not yet released but you could try them creating a build using the main branch.

Here is the command for doing it:

xk6 build --with github.com/grafana/xk6-output-prometheus-remote@main

Let me know if it helps.

1 Like